Central Police Forces Exam
CPF Exam 2016 - Central Police Force Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on National Level for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants. As these examinations are meant for recruting Assistant Commandants, these examinations are also known as Central Police Forces Assistant Commandant Exam.
Central Police Forces Exam Eligibility
Candidate must hold a Bachelor’ s degree of a recognized University or posses an equivalent qualification. Candidates appearing in the final year degree exam are allowed to appear in the exam provisionally.
- Candidate must be of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August of the year of examination. The upper age limit prescribed above will be relatable:
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years for Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation.
- However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to 5 years.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under the Rules.
Candidates should meet the prescribed minimum Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Police Forces (AC) Examination.
|Chest||81cms.Unexpd.(With 5cms. Minimum expansion)|
|Weight||50kgs||According to height but Not less than 46Kgs|
a. Eye Sight
|Better eye (Corrected Vision)||Worse eye (Corrected Vision)|
|Distant Vision||6/6 OR 6/9||6/12 OR 6/9|
|Near Vision||J1 (corrected)||J2 (corrected)|
|Types of corrections permitted||Spectacles|
|Limits of Refractive errors permitted||-4.00 D (including cylinder)
+4.00 D (including cylinder)
|Colour Vision High Grade|
- Aspirant candidates must not have Knock-knees, Flat Foot, Varicose Veins or Squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
How to Apply for CPF Exam?
CPF Exam Online Application:
Candidates can apply online (From all candidates) only by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website
CPF Exam Offline Application: (From candidates residing in specified remote areas only)
Candidates residing in remote areas only specified in Instructions can apply by this mode and send the application form to reach the śController of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069ť by Post/Speed Post only.
Candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examinations, which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs.20 . Each such Form can be used only once and only for one examination.
Central Police Force Exam 2016 application fee
Candidates applying Online (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a reduced fee of Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred Only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/ Master Credit/Debit Card.
Candidates residing in remote areas as specified may apply Offline through Common Application Form (Form-E) by paying a fee of Rs.200
(Rupees Two Hundred only) through a single Central Recruitment Fee Stamp.
Central Police Forces Exam Pattern
Selections for the Central Police Force (AC) are made on the basis of a Written Test comprising of two papers followed by Physical Test and Interview.
Central Police Forces Exam Syllabus
Questions in this exam will be Objective Type, Multiple Choice and only in English from the following given subjects:
|Time||Marks||Worse eye (Corrected Vision)|
General Ability and Intelligence
Essay Precis Writing and Comprehension
Important: There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Union Public Service Commission in their discretion. Paper-I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper-II will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests :
|100 meter race||16 sec.||18 sec.|
|800 meter race||3 min 45 sec.||4 min 45 sec.|
|Long Jump||3 min 45 sec.||3 Meter|
|Shot put 7.26 Kg||4.5 Meter|
Interview / Personality Test:
Candidates, who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for CPF AC Interview / Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the śReview Medical Boardť on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for CPF Assistant Commandant Interview / Personality Tests provisionally. The Central Police Force Interview / Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
Candidates who are short-listed for CPF Interview / Personality Test, including those short-listed for Interview / Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces. As female candidates are eligible for appointment to CRPF, CISF and SSB only, they will be required to indicate their preference for CRPF, CISF and SSB only.
Final Selection / Merit :
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Central Police Force AC Written Examination and Central Police Force Interview / Personality Test.
Central Police Forces Exam Dates
Central Police Force Exams are normally held in the month of April every year.
Central Police Forces Exam Test Centres
The Central Police Force Exams are held every year in the main cities of the India whose names are given below. However, candidates are advised to check the test center when filling the application form. There can be changes in the below given list as and when required by the organization.
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Aizwal
- Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal
- Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack
- Dehradun, Dharwar, Delhi, Dispur
- Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port-Blair
- Imphal, Itanagar
- Jaipur, Jorhat
- Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata
- Madurai, Mumbai
- Ranchi, Raipur
- Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar
- Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
|EXAMINATION||FEES (inclusive of taxes)||AGE LIMIT||QUALIFICATION||REMARKS|
|CPF||Rs. 14000||21-28 yrs.||Graduation||200+ hours|
“Special concession in tuition fee for wards of Defense Personnel, NCC Cadets, Military/Sainik School students and wards of farmers.”
What You Get
- Study Material - Structured and constantly updated study material and assignments on each subject based on analysis of previous test papers.
- Competent & dedicated staff with over 25 year’s expertise.
- Better Assimilation - Use of latest training aids (computers and LCD Projectors) .
- Mock and Simulated Test “ We have developed rigorous testing program that encourages students to benchmark their performance and work out exam strategies.